Photoshop CS6 for Mac OS X was released by Adobe for free to attract feedback on new experiences in this version. Photoshop CS6 has more than 62% of new functions compared with the previous version CS5. CS6 focusses on much micro-architecture changes. Thanks to Adobe mercury graphics engine, CS6 has the ability to edit videos.
Some notable new features in Adobe Photoshop CS6
- User interface: The default main color scheme is changed to black and gray by Adobe, similar to the mainstream tones of light-room and making the images appear more vivid on a dark background.
- Operation: Adobe mercury graphics engine will erase the frustration of waiting for the program to load amount of images. Processing the time of an editorial process will become shortened
- Video editing: it is designed to bridge the Apple iMovie program. In the Adobe premiere pro, Photoshop’s video can edit capabilities including in both drag and drop positions. Because this function is available for the first time in Photoshop, it is only in the primitive form, really not the key factor at this launch.
- Automatic control: series of new automatic control and calibration functions are very attractive, suitable for tenderfoots when processing images. Using a database of hundreds of thousands of images processed manually by professional photographers, an algorithm calculates the correct values for each photo. Auto Levels function can now adjust each color channel separately, even avoid changing colors and losing image data.
- Blur: Iris shadow shading tool can easily change the depth of the image. A tilt-shift filter works similar effects and allows to control of the blurred areas from shots night.
- Adjustable lens: An adaptive wide-angle filter can help to straighten winding lines. It is often a by-product of wide-angle lenses. Users draw tiles to correct inappropriate objects such as buildings or trees.
- Content-Aware: Nowadays, removing an object from the image is a simple operation. Photoshop CS6 will analyze both the image and the processing tool. CS6 also uses the content-aware algorithm to fill with the empty area of the object just removed naturally. According to theory, the content-aware moves object in the selection then converts and fills with the image background. In the last step, the content-aware blends them to new locations.
- Image layer: There are some new image layer filters and a useful search function for graphic designers who regularly handle files with hundreds of layers.
New features in version 13.0.4:
- Content-Aware Patch – fix images with more powerful control tools thanks to the latest version of Content-Aware group. Selecting the area sample you want to create the patch then see the content-aware patch tool transforms into each pixel to produce great image results.
- Extremely fast operation and modern user interface – an amazing operating experience with the Mercury Graphics Engine graphics engine will give users to instant results when editing with the main tools like liquify, puppet warp and crop. In addition, the new eye-catching fine-tuned Photoshop interface becomes more characterized by dark background options. It also makes the image more outstanding.
- New design tools and tweaks – create super high-end designs. Achieve an identical format for input patterns, create and use custom strokes and dashed lines for shapes, quickly search layers.In addition, users can discover hundreds of new methods to manipulate faster (PDF) and with excellent accuracy and creative freedom when using Photoshop CS6.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 version 13.0.4 can support for new HiDPI screens on the Macintosh platform with powerful enhancements for image accuracy and image resolution. This update applies to all languages of Adobe Photoshop CS6.